ISS Senior Software Engineer (SSWENG) (Location: Irvine, CA)
INTEGRITY Security Services (ISS) is a part of the Green Hills Software (GHS) family with a specific mission to deliver world-class end-to-end security solutions. ISS Software Engineers develop comprehensive web and server solutions using secure technologies enabling enterprises, developers, and end-users to release and maintain embedded products with uncompromising security.
An ISS Senior Software Engineer designs, develops, tests, and debugs moderate to complex computer software with moderate guidance. The engineer is capable of providing design recommendations required to achieve cost and schedule targets, and works as part of a small and highly productive team to meet the needs of our growing and evolving fast-paced business. In addition to producing quality code, the engineer must be passionate, versatile, flexible, and eager to tackle difficult technology challenges as we grow.
- Work with a small team of developers to solve engineering problems for cyber security platforms
- Meet with customers, peer developers, and internal business units to capture requirements
- Write specifications and high-level design solutions for approval
- Rapid-prototype mock-up designs to meet target requirements
- Design secure network and web systems through creative, clever, and innovative thinking
- Handle all aspects of the software and system lifecycle from conception to delivery
- Build, design, and deploy high quality solutions while utilizing multiple technologies and tools
- Research and recommend engineering solutions for new products
- Collaborate with team members to problem solve system-level solutions
- Conduct peer code reviews to ensure quality software development
- Proactively identifies and resolves inefficient systems
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Strong understanding of network and web security technologies including Firewalls, VPNs, encryption, and security protocols such as PKI and TLS
- Experience with deploying and managing high-availability cloud services such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with server-side frameworks such as Node.js
- Demonstrate working knowledge of SQL/NoSQL databases
- Possess working knowledge of major operating systems including Linux, Windows, and OS-X
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work efficiently and use time effectively
- Capable of working independently or as part of a small team
- Knowledge of C & C++ desirable
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
No overnight travel is anticipated for this position. Some occasional local day travel may be necessary.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in software, computer, electronics, or other relevant engineering disciplines
- Preferred: Master's degree in engineering
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be a U.S. citizen
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
INTEGRITY Security Services
7585 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine, CA 92618
(949) 756-0690 (phone)
(949) 756-0691 (fax)